It took some minimal convincing, but I went to the gym this afternoon:
Here’s what I could have done instead:
- I could have watched DVR’d episodes of The Following, Hannibal, Parks & Rec (because I need Leslie’s waffle purse).
- I could have gone to Nieves and picked up a fruit cup.
- I could have taken a nap. I love naps.
But, instead I walked home after dropping off my car at the shop, then walked to the gym and did interval workouts on the treadmill and the elliptical. It was magical. I’m a super cute sweaty mess. And while I was on both machines, I thought of reasons why going to the gym for an hour was better than any of the reasons to not go:
2. Because I had crawfish and a beer for breakfast at The Monterey. It was delicious.
3. What if I wake up and I’m in the Hunger Games?
4. Fiesta calories aren’t imaginary. All the delicious goodness I ate at Taste of New Orleans and all the goodies I’ll eat at Oysterbake…all end up somewhere.
5. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.
6. Because I like going? And I was due? And I feel like high-fiving strangers after I’m done?
Off to get ready for Fiesta❤ Viva!